Saturday, August 1, 2015

Questions and Answers


The following are some of the most common questions I receive when I meet with AMA members. I hope this provides you with some material to help you decide your vote.

Q: Is the District X Vice President a paid position?
A: No it is not, it is strictly voluntary, there is a small budget to cover the Vice President and Associate Vice President's out of pocket expenses for travel and other incidentals, but no salary.

Q: What area does District X cover?
A: District X covers California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Hawaii, and Guam. It covers almost 500,000 square miles. There are 285 clubs and 27,000 members in our district. It is the largest district in the AMA.

Q: Where is my ballot?
A: Your ballot is a postcard attached to your 2015 AMA renewal notice. You tear it off, fill in the square for the candidate of your choice, and drop it in the mail. It is already addressed, and has the postage on it too.

Q: Can I put my ballot in the envelope I return my dues renewal in?
A: NO, I'll say it again, NO, one more time NO, you cannot mail your ballot in with your renewal. If you do it will go to AMA Headquarters instead of Brady Ware, and Shoenfeld, the company that is paid to be a neutral third party tabulating the results, and it will be invalidated. So please mail the postcard separate from your renewal.

Q: I can vote online so I don't need my paper ballot right?
A: WRONG. You cannot vote online. You must use your paper ballot. It is a postcard attached to your 2010 AMA renewal notice, and you must mail it separately from your dues renewal. You can pay your 2010 AMA dues online.

Q: I lost my ballot what can I do?
A: You can get a replacement ballot by calling the AMA at 800-435-9262 extension 290 and ask Shawn Grubbs to send you a replacement ballot.

Q: Why do you want to remain District X Vice President?
A: I enjoy all aspects of modeling. I have built and flew free-flight, control line, R/C both Gliders and Planes. I can find something in all aspects of our sport to enjoy. I can't imagine a more exciting thing than being able to partake in all of the fun there is in District X and make a difference for our modelers. I have plans for the future and your vote will help me accomplish them.


If you have a question that you would like answered please email me at AMADistrictXElection@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment